Friday, September 17, 2010

Book Review- Last Dragon Standing

The Last Dragon Standing
By G.A. Aiken














This book follows the outrageous adventures of one female dragon name Keita and Rangar, the male who can't decide if he wants to kill or marry her.

This book was a joy to read. I love all of her books, but I wasn't aware when this book was released that it was going to be under a pen name of G.A. Aiken instead of Shelly Laurenston which series was originally published under. So I didn't get to read it until two weeks after its release. Laurenston does an amazing job portraying her characters and making them unique. She has the great ability of causing entertaining chaos when the interact.

I felt the romance between Keita and Rangar was in the foreground during the first part of the novel then moved to the background once it was decided that they liked each other. The characters had a strong emotional bond that grew through the durration of the plot, but the physical aspect of it was only briefly encountered. Towards the end of the story, when all the big climatic action was being described, I felt she skipped around a little bit to much for the story to flow easily. That being said, she did have about 6 different action scenes happening at the same time and they were all easily trackable.

I would recommend this book to anyone. I love her characters and the plot kept me hooked till the end.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 for storyline/romance and a 3 out of five for bedroom steaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment