Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mystery Shopping, Napkins and a Book Review

So I joined one of the ‘mystery’ shopper websites, which stated that it was free to join. Well it was free to join but if I want to mystery shop then I need to become a paying member. And there is no guarantee that I’ll even get any of the mystery shopper jobs I apply for. Needless to say that it was a complete waist of time, thankfully not a lot of it, but it would have been interesting and maybe fun to get paid to shop.

So about those lovely little napkins that I spoke about in the last blog, it looks like I’m going to get the bid. Yeay! I’ll be doing a mockup of the napkins some time soon (as soon as the craft store gets the emulsion supplies I need) and I’m hoping that they turn out great on the first try (no I’m not delusional, just insane). I’ll also have 175 napkins to mess up on just trying to make the print look right, then when I order the ones she wants, another 200 for my other mistakes. I’ve also decided that the emulsion screens for those lovely little screen printing machines are a bit too much to only produce 4 screens, and by next week I’ll have a whole new exposure material to mess with. I’m extra excited to try the product and see how it goes, I just hope that I don’t have to mix the entire amount to do just one screen.

I saw a request for a Venetian mask themes wedding package and thought I’d try it out. I took a couple of masks and merged them into one using variations of the fleur de les as accents. I love how they turned out and can’t decide if it would look better with a light watercolor purple behind, with a silver mask, black accents and perhaps a dark purple ribbon or on a silver background with a light watercolor purple mask, black accents and a dark purple ribbon. I haven’t heard any response back from the original requestor on their wedding colors so I imagine when I do a test run, I can choose what ever colors I want.

I briefly (well more like 4 days) entertained the idea of entering a wedding design contest, where they were looking for original new designs that cost under $500 dollars to assemble. I was planning on running with the garden gnome theme with yellows, greens and reds. The table would be set with a few garden gnomes, herbs (as apparently they like to eat those) and wild flowers. I walked around the fabric store, circling the cloth section like a hungry hyena eyeing its first meal in weeks but never found anything that screamed this is the table cloth you want. Then I started worrying that the 4 place table I my residence wouldn’t be enough and it kind of went down hill from there.

For now I’ll just focus on getting the napkins done and printing on the three different types of tiles I purchased for coasters. I’ve never printed on pumas stone before so it should be loads of fun!

Aside from being on my own this weekend (Mike went on a camping trip), I read a couple of books (4). I won’t overload you with their reviews all in one blog post, so I’ve decided to split them up over the week. Lucky you!

I’ll start with the first one I completed.

Lion’s Heat
By Lora Leigh
















I loved this book! And plan on re-reading it many many times! This is the long awaited story of Jonas Wyatt and his trials of finding his mate and the personal and emotional struggles they must go through to in order to discover if they have what it takes to give each other forever. While they're cautiously feel their way through their budding relationship, they are challenged by family that cannot be deigned and an Ex who wants to profit from his daughters birth.

This book is caulked full of action, adventure and passion that cannot be deigned. I love and own all of her books and full heartedly agree that this is an excellent addition to the Breed’s series. I give it a 5 out of 5 for storyline/romance and 5 out of 5 for bedroom steaminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment