Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Review- Frostfire

Frostfire
by Lynn Viehl


This novel of the Kyndred is focused on Lilah, a genetically enhanced Kyndred that can control the minds of animals and Walker, a wounded soldier who will do anything to protect her. They are forced together and must fight together in order to escape their captors. That bond continues when they are snowed in at a small town located in the middle of nowhere.

I really enjoyed reading this novel and had a hard time putting it down. This book did what I was hoping it would do and connected Lynn's two story lines (the Kyndred and the Darkyn series) together and left me really excited to see where these series is going.

Her characters were believable and a pleasure to read. Her secondary characters were a great accompaniment to her main characters and helped move the plot along in an effective and pleasurable way. She provided a depth of character and a fear of the past that kept me on my proverbial toes as I waited to see what would happen next.

My one complaint is that her love scenes were short and extremely fast. I would have liked them a bit longer or more descriptive.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 for storyline/romance and a 3 out of 5 for bedroom steaminess.

If you'd like to find out more information on Lynn Viehl and her novels please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment